This message is to update you on Eaton’s response to the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) global health emergency with respect to business continuity. As you already know from media reports, the situation is dynamic and the number of people contracting the virus has increased globally. Our company’s first focus has been and remains the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and the public.
This is an unprecedented health challenge that will impact global supply chains and potentially lead to some level of supply disruption for some of our products. We are closely monitoring the situation and addressing our customers’ needs on a case-by-case basis, if there are disruptions.
Many of our facilities will remain operating during this unprecedented crisis because of the vital role our company plays in sustaining global infrastructure and ensuring critical power supply. In keeping our operations running, we know we also need to modify how we work to keep our employees safe.
To protect the safety and health of our workforce, as well as meet our customer’s critical needs during this crisis, we are:
· Requiring employees to stay home if they are feeling ill and encouraging increased hand washing and hygiene practices.
· Advising employees that they can take advantage of flexible work options.
· Enacting social distancing procedures, including staggering shifts, implementing a rotating office work schedule
· Restricting visitors to our sites
· Training our sites in cleaning and disinfecting protocols
In the event an employee suspects he or she has been exposed to COVID-19, or testing confirms it, we will implement an aggressive response plan to safeguard the health and safety of our employees.
To continue to support our customers, we have activated our business continuity management plans across the organization and throughout our locations. This includes:
· staying in close contact with our suppliers to manage the supply chain,
· equipping our service technicians with additional personal protective equipment – as needed,
· coordinating closely with local, state and national governments,
· and following governmental and health authorities’ guidelines, which vary by location.
This remains a fluid situation and we’re coordinating closely with local/state/national governments, following governmental and health authorities’ guidelines, which vary by location We will continue to closely monitor the situation around the world and address our customers’ needs on a case-by-case basis.
We will communicate promptly any changes or disruptions that would prevent us from fulfilling our commitments to you. If you have any questions, please reach out to SecurityMarketing@Eaton.com. We value your business and appreciate your understanding during this global health emergency.